Welcome to the Azure Databricks Administration Guide. There are three types of administrators in Azure Databricks: account owner, account admins, and cloud configuration admins.
The account owner can view and make changes to your Azure Databricks service, Azure subscription, and diagnostic logging. This user is typically the person who signed up for or created your Azure Databricks service, and has the Azure Contributor or Owner role on the Azure Databricks service.
If you don’t know who your account owner is, contact Azure Databricks support.
See the sections below for details about how to manage Azure Databricks services, Azure subscriptions, and Azure Databricks diagnostic logging.
- Manage Azure Databricks
- Upgrade or Downgrade an Azure Databricks Workspace
- Diagnostic Logging in Azure Databricks
Account admins can manage users, groups, workspace storage, and access control for your Azure Databricks instance. Admins can delegate admin privileges to other users.
Account admins use the Azure Databricks Admin Console to view and change these properties. See the sections below for more details about the Admin Console.
Cloud configuration admins manage networking for your Azure Databricks instance.
- Azure Databricks Regions
- Virtual Network Peering
- Deploying Azure Databricks in your Azure Virtual Network
- Connecting your Azure Databricks Workspace to your On-Premises Network
- User-Defined Route Settings for Azure Databricks
- Conditional Access
- Enabling Azure Data Lake Storage Credential Passthrough